Field Data Collectors (Enumerators)
About the role
Save the Children seeks to recruit fifty (50) Field Data collectors, commonly referred to as Enumerators, to meet the needs for conducting rigorous research and monitoring activities. Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) frequently relies on the external support (these staffs); to collect real-time monitoring data, baseline and end-line data, including research and evaluation for different projects. Enumerators will participate in different trainings to be debriefed and trained prior to being deployed to various parts of the country (both development and humanitarian activities).
Field Data collector (Enumerator) signs a work-based contract on the needs and available opportunities. Upon request of MEAL and research teams/supervisors, a successful enumerator in the pool is called for data collection in qualitative research and rigorous evaluation to cascade a complete function to research needs.
The Enumerator position provides an excellent opportunity to gain hands‐on experience in a field setting with a vibrant organization undertaking cutting‐edge development research. The Enumerator will play a critical role in planning and carrying out data collection. The Enumerator will work closely with the research and MEAL team and Project Team to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Conduct interviews to research participants and or beneficiaries in the field
- Adhere to all Save the Children International survey and data protocols
- Perform other duties related to the project that may be assigned to him/her, such as, but not limited to, testing the questionnaire and decide for his/her interviews
- Be responsible for maintaining good relations with Save the Children International, its employees, partner organizations and project participants
- Transmit data collected to her/his coordinator on a daily basis.
Qualifications and experience & skills
The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Education, Social Science (Psychology, Sociology, population and development studies), Business Communication, Economics, Statistics, Health, any other fields of studies,
- Must have practical knowledge of MS Office
- Should be familiar with computer assisted interviews (ODK, CTO) and have the ability to use electronic devices, i.e. tablets or smartphones
- Fluency Kinyarwanda and English, written and spoken is essential
- Extensive knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection; a passion for learning best practices and innovations is desired
- Having more than two years in data collection
- Prior-experience in conducting surveys with both adults and children.
- Willingness to travel independently and extensively within rural communities
- Characteristics of being personable, detail-oriented and well-organised.
- Twelve (12) months.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 120 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
The deadline for receiving applications is 28th September 2021.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
- Institution Name: Save the Children
- Job Title: Field Data Collectors (Enumerators)
- Published on: 2021-09-14
- Vacancy: 50 Position(s)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Deadline: 2021-09-28